*This is a full time role that will be split between our two locations in Tucson, AZ*
Competitive Pay, Great Benefits, Great Paid Time Off Plan, and overall work with a Great team!
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
Our Behavioral Health Specialist will serve as a key member of the integrated primary care practice team alongside primary care providers and health coaches, playing a unique and critical role in serving the behavioral health needs of our patients. The Behavioral Health Specialist co-manages the assessment and treatment of psychiatric concerns, psychosocial issues, and health behavior change through consultation and brief, focused assessment and treatment. The Behavioral Health Specialist will work closely with the Medical Director, Clinical Team Manager, and Director of Behavioral Health.Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing education and consultation to health coaches and providers on the basic principles of brief behavioral interventions and reinforcing their use in medical visits
- Providing brief, focused individual treatment while working with a multi-disciplinary team
- Evaluating crisis situations and employing appropriate interventions
- Facilitating group-based visits and workshops to holistically address medical and behavioral health needs
- Improving population health outcomes by ensuring all patients and primary care team members have access to behavioral health expertise
- Facilitating and overseeing referrals to specialty mental health services and supporting a smooth transition from specialty mental health services to primary care
- Working with our Behavioral Health Specialists across Iora Health to improve behavioral health skills company wide
- Must be currently licensed, or license eligible, to practice independently in Arizona
- Must have a master’s degree in Social Work + LCSW or a doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology
- Has experience in an integrated medical setting
- Has excellent working knowledge of behavioral medicine and evidence-based treatments for medical and mental health conditions
- Is highly skilled in cognitive behavioral therapy and/or acceptance and commitment therapy and motivational interviewing
- Has exceptional capacity to multi-task, is flexible, and is comfortable with ambiguity
- Is comfortable with the pace of primary care and working with an interdisciplinary team
- Has strong communication and teaching skills
- Spanish language a plus
About Iora Health
Iora Health is restoring humanity to healthcare by building a simple yet radically-different primary care model from scratch: we know each of our patients as true individuals, and proactively provide the unique combination of care, support, and inspiration they need to live their best life.
The Iora Health (www.iorahealth.com) model of health care changes everything – payment, staffing, processes, IT systems, and culture. We have no status quo to defend, no arcane rules we must follow. We are a fast-paced, fresh-thinking, high-growth company building a better model of health care delivery.
Iora Health patients enjoy the benefits of improved access to care, non-office based encounters (e.g. phone, video chat, email, walking groups, etc.), an accessible and transparent medical record, and robust educational offerings. Iora Health practices offer smaller panel sizes, closer relationships between patients and care teams, no billing or coding, and the opportunity to lead systemic change in health care delivery while working with a true team.
Job Type: Full-time
- Tucson, AZ
- integrated medical setting: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- AZ licensed, or license eligible, to practice independently