Wilson Lumber Company is seeking a Class A CDL Delivery Driver for our truss manufacturing plant in Madison.
Wilson Lumber Company is a family-owned business that has served the Huntsville and surrounding areas for over 60 years. Our mission statement is “To build a successful company that upholds Christlike principles and inspires people to grow.” Our company prides itself on living out our core values: always do the right thing, treat others as you want to be treated, get the facts before acting, be responsible for your actions, and challenge yourself to grow.
Our Class A Delivery Drivers deliver roof trusses, floor trusses, I-joists and LVL packages to job sites. Drivers will operate day cab tractors and stretch trailers up to 74 feet long. Our drivers are home daily and generally off on the weekends. This is a physical position, there are no shortcuts. Our drivers are responsible for loading, checking, securing, delivering and unloading loads.
Flatbed experience with hauling oversize-wide loads is preferred. Forklift experience with large loads is a plus.
Job responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a professional image and always representing Wilson Lumber Company in a professional manner on the roads, on job sites, and in the yard
- Loading and delivering merchandise to customer sites as required (will include some forklift unloading)
- Ensuring load is properly secured and balanced for safe transport of merchandise
- Unloading merchandise in a safe and presentable manner in the proper location according to customer directions and company policy
- Safely operating truck according to company driving standards
- Maintaining delivery schedule
- Courteously interacting with all customers, fellow employees and others on a daily basis to ensure all customer deliveries are serviced in a timely and professional manner
- Obtaining receipts and signatures for delivered goods
- Complying with all state, federal and company regulations
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Driving conditions in all seasons with variable road, yard, and weather conditions
All positions require the successful completion of a drug screen and criminal background investigation.
Excellent benefits, competitive salary, and great career opportunities.
Wilson Lumber Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Wilson Lumber culture stands for doing the right thing to ensure the best for its customer and employees. It is this culture that allows our drivers to deliver the best value to our customers. If you are interested in joining a company that prides itself on its relationships with customers and employees, we would be excited for you to apply!
Job Type: Full-time
- Oversize/Heavy Load: 1 year
- CDL Driving: 3 years
Required license or certification:
- CDL Class A