General Position Summary:
Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents nursing care of patients in accordance with facility and departmental policies and in accordance with standards of professional nursing practice. This position is accountable for the quality of nursing services delivered by self or others who are under his/her direction. The Registered Nurse utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skills necessary to assess data and plan, provide and evaluate care appropriate to the physical and developmental age of patients on his or her assigned unit. Summit Healthcare core values; Service Standards, promotion of Patient Safety Standards and support of healing environment are exhibited in all aspects of the Registered Nurse’s performance.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
- Assesses patient physical, psychological, social, spiritual, educational, developmental, cultural and discharge planning needs.
- Reviews patient History & Physical with patient/family, assures completion within appropriate time frame.
- Reviews available information obtained by other health care team members.
- Reviews diagnostics and laboratory data and reports abnormal results to the physician(s) and other appropriate caregivers.
- Completes assessment and reassessment according to patient need and as outlined in policy and Standards of Care.
- Formulates a plan of care, including the discharge plan, utilizing assessment data, patient, family and health team input.
- Initiates a plan of care based on patient-specific needs, assessment data and the medical plan of care.
- Goals for patient are realistic, measurable and developed in conjunction with the patient/family.
- Considers the physical, cultural, psychosocial, spiritual, age specific and educational needs of the patient and family in the plan of care, advocating for and supporting patient’s rights.
- Collaborates with members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Reviews and revises the plan of care to reflect changing patient needs based on evaluation of the patient’s status.
- Implements the plan of care through direct patient care, coordination, delegation and supervision of the activities of the health care team.
- Provides care based on physician orders and the nursing plan of care, in compliance with policies and procedures, standards of care, and regulatory agency requirements.
- Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for whom care is provided.
- Evaluates the patient’s and family’s response to care and teaching and revise the plan of care as needed.
- Evaluates patient progress towards goals and expected outcomes in collaboration with other health care team members.
- Evaluates patient’s response and the effectiveness of patient teaching.
- Documents assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation in the patient record.
- Documentation is legible, timely and in accordance with policy.
- Documentation reflects objective/subjective data, nursing intervention and patient’s response to treatment
- Reviews and notes physician’s orders accurately and in a timely manner.
- Promotes professional development within delivery of care.
- Maintains clinical performance competencies appropriate to the area in which they work as demonstrated through annual validations
- Participates in and attends internal and external education inservices for continuing/ongoing education.
- Incorporates, supports, and participates in concepts of shared leadership at both departmental and facility level.
- Utilizes evidence based practice or research within clinical practice.
- Actively participates in quality improvement process. Actively participates in performance measures of national nursing quality indicators.
- Interacts and participates in the education/orientation of hospital personnel, patients, students, families and visitors. Promotes/supports growth of others through precepting and mentoring.
- Seeks opportunities for growth in the profession of nursing: such as participation in professional nursing organizations; attaining advanced certification in the area in which they work.
- Displays proper etiquette and mannerisms that reflect the S.H.I.N.E. Behavior Guidelines.
Promotes the Patient Safety Standards as a core value of the organization
- AZ RN License
- 2 + years ED Experience
Job Type: Full-time
- Show Low, AZ
- Emergency Nursing: 2 years
Required licenses or certifications:
- Arizona RN License