The Registered Nurse is a licensed profession who provides direct and indirect client care services in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Agency, the State professional standards, and regulatory entities under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and under the direction of a licensed physician.
Reports To: Team Supervisor/Nurse Supervisor/Director of Clinical Services/AdministratorSupervises: LPN/LVN, HHA
Education and Experience:
- Registered nurse with a license in the current state of practice
- Has at lease one year experience as a professional nurse, or
- Has a BS in Nursing from an accredited program by the National League of Nursing, if required by state or has a Public Health Nursing certificate, if required by state.
- Has worked as a professional nurse at least one year within the last 3 years or completion of a refresher course in the last year or completion of the MDHH New Graduate Program.
- CPR certification required.
- Skilled in interpersonal relationships.
- Verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Possesses ability to assess, plan, organize, develop, implement, and evaluate programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures necessary in the provision of care.
- Ability to communicate information concerning a client’s condition clearly.
- Ability to understand and carry out directions or instructions and keep records.
- Possesses leadership and supervisory ability.
- Knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices, procedures, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to home health care.
- Knowledge of the theory, methods, and techniques required for rendering client care.
- Assumes delegated authority and accountability for the total care of assigned client(s).
- Demonstrates professional behavior, attitude, and flexibility.
- Functions independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds, move intermittently throughout the workday, inclusive of walking, sitting, standing and bending, climbing stairs, pushing, pulling, or moving objects and clients.
- Access to the utilization of public or private transportation system.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complies with accepted professional Standards of Nursing set forth by the American Nurses Association.
- Adhere to Agency policies and procedures and applicable federal, state, local.
- Maintain confidentiality of client and employee related information.
- Make the initial assessment and complete the appropriate forms necessary for the start of care.Coordinates all aspects of care.
- Assist with the orientation, mentoring and supervision of a qualified, well-organized staff to provide for client care.
- Regularly re-evaluates the client’s nursing needs and provides those services requiring substantial specialized nursing skills, inclusive of but not limited to medication administration, specimen collection, treatments.
- Provides leadership in team conferences for family teaching and involvement. Participates in community organizations and activities related to health professions and community health. Initiates and may provide appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures for the client’scare and safety.REGISTERED NURSEJOB DESCRIPTION(CONT.)
- Assist with establishing staffing patterns, which reflect the quality and quantity of professional and paraprofessional personnel necessary to plan, provide, and supervise client care and services.
- Documents all client-related activities in a legible, timely manner.
- Informs the physician and other personnel of changes in the client’s condition and needs.
- Provides instruction and counsel to the client and family in meeting related needs.
- Prepares the assignment for the Home Health Aide based on the client needs and supervise the care provided by the Home Health Aide.
- Directs and is responsible for the activities of the licensed practical/vocational nurse and assign, supervise and teach other nursing personnel.
- Utilizes standard and universal precautions and infection control techniques as necessary.
- Participates and attends in-service, continuing education programs and seminars as required forLicensure and by Agency policy.
- Participates in clinical record reviews/audits to ensure compliance with client needs, physician’s orders and regulations, as applicable.
- Under the guidance of the Director of Clinical Services, consults with Professional Advisory Group members in matters pertaining to client care and services.
- Performs on-call duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to MD Home Health Core Values.
- b. Volunteer innovative and effective ideas.
- c. Accept and support management decisions.
- d. Observe all company policies and procedures, in accordance with ethnical standards.
- e. Communication skills consistent with job performance (oral, written, and nonverbal)f. Respect confidential information
- .Acknowledgment: I have read and understand this job description, and I agree to perform such duties to the best of my
Job Type: Full-time
- Phoenix, AZ
- RN: 1 year
Required licenses or certifications:
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Registered Nurse