We are the community’s leading healthcare organization, offering not only the services expected in a small town, like primary care, home health and a nursing home, but also more advanced specialty services, like orthopedics, interventional radiology, pediatric therapy and neurology. And thanks to our outstanding staff, we are a three-time top 100 critical access hospital and score above the state and national average in the Medicare Hospital Compare patient satisfaction and quality scores.
Apply today, and join our team of healthcare leaders!
- To deliver patient care and assumes appropriate responsibilities before, during and after surgery.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- The position of Certified Surgical Technologist requires that the person possess a passing score on a national certification examination.
- CST’s maintain their certification by accruing 72 contact hours of approved continuing education in a consecutive 6-year period or by successfully retaking the certifying examination at the conclusion of the 6-year period.
- The position of First Assistant Surgical Technologist requires further education, supervision and successful passing score on certification examination.
- The individual in this position must possess, and maintain, a current Basic Resuscitation.
- Speaking, listening, the ability to move frequently from one task to another using several different skills, the ability to make decisions based on facts, the ability to use fingers and hands, the ability to work accurately with detail, good vision and eye-hand coordination are required to communicate with others during the surgical experience.
- It is a combined 40 bed acute care and long term care facility located at the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula.
- The surgery unit consists of two rooms, one main general room and another for local and endoscopy procedures.
- The working environment is generally pleasant, clean and well maintained.
- The position requires standing for extended periods of time without a break, in bright, artificially lighted rooms.
- Persons in this position are exposed to infectious diseases, including all kinds of blood-borne pathogens, muscle strains, needle-stick injuries and exposure to anesthetic gases.
- Generally, physical demands are moderate and all work is performed inside.
- Working hours may fluctuate based on scheduling needs. On call hours are necessary.
Job Type: Full-time
- Surgical Technologist: 2 years
- Operating Room: 2 years
Required licenses or certifications:
- Basic Resuscitation
- Certified Surgical Technologist