California Armenian Home in partnership with Indeed Hire is looking for an Assistant Director of Nursing!
This role will report to the Director of Nursing for the California Armenian Home and be responsible for assisting the medical staff in managing the facility nursing program in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act, applicable State and Federal regulations and facility policies and procedures.
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
Schedule: M-F, 8am-5pm with additional time as needed.
Responsibilities will include:
- Rounds on units at least once daily.
- Plans and facilitates meetings and committees to address resident care issues.
- Assist the Director of Nursing in managing the Nursing Department with the goal of achieving and maintaining the highest quality of care possible.
- Assists the Director of Nursing in developing and managing systems to assure clinical competencies.
- Participate in developing, implementing and evaluating programs that promote the recruitment, retention, development and continuing education of nursing staff members.
- Identification of nursing needs.
- Assist the Director of Nursing in the investigation and resolution of resident/family/employee concerns.
- Assist the Director of Nursing to ensure annual Skills Checks and performance reviews are completed in the appropriate time frame for licensing nursing staff.
- Pro-actively address survey and/or standards of care issues.
- Assist the Director of Nursing in the development and management of staffing schedule system.
- Assist the Director of Nursing in the planning and guidance in the professional development
- of nursing staff. Ensure that adequate nursing staff is available based on facility/census/regulatory requirements.
- Collect data to compile and analyze reports in a timely manner for CQI.
- Assure that all clinical protocols and nursing policies and procedures are followed.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Assure Pharmacy and Dietary Consultant’s recommendations are followed in a timely manner.
- Valid California RN License
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Valid CPR certification
- Minimum 3 years of experience as an Assistant Director of Nursing, or equivalent supervisory nursing experience (with supervisory experience in a Skilled Nursing Facility preferred).
- Must possess strong clinical skills.
- Must possess strong management skills.
- Must possess strong training skills for staff, including non-medical staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and family members.
- Ability to react decisively and quickly in emergency situations.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Knowledge of training techniques for clinical staff.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of the Nurse Practice Act, state and federal regulations and facility policies and procedures regarding nursing standards and delivery of care.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
Job Type: Full-time
- Fresno, CA
- Nurse Management: 3 years
- Skilled Nursing: 2 years
Required licenses or certifications:
- Registered Nurse (RN)