Indeed Hire and Farmers and Merchants Bank have partnered together in a search for a Business Intelligence Analyst in Seal Beach, California.
The Business Intelligence Analyst assists in the design, implementation, testing, and support of Business Intelligence (BI) solutions that meet business requirements. The objective of these BI solutions is to facilitate confident and timely management and operational decision making. This position is responsible for providing analytical and technical expertise supporting critical Business needs and Business Intelligence projects. This includes leading activities such as requirements analysis, development of reports and management dashboards, data mining, and business forecasting.
- Identify key metrics and analyze trends to optimize management decision-making, efficiencies and margins
- Help with the creation of production and ad hoc reports from various backend databases using internal and external reporting tools
- Provide ongoing maintenance, assistance and support in all aspects of the reporting infrastructure
- Work with business, project teams and departments to investigate and resolve data discrepancies
- Enhance reporting database by providing knowledge and expertise
- Help maintain the quality and integrity of the data through proactive reporting and analysis
- Present data, findings and recommendations clearly and concisely
- Manage several projects and priorities
- Design and build lists, crosstabs, graphs, scorecards, standard reports and dashboards using the IBM Cognos 10.x applications (Report Studio, Active Reports)
Complies with all State and Federal Banking regulatory requirements, including but not limited to: BSA, Anti-Money Laundering OFAC, CIP, Financial Elder Abuse Reporting, Sexual Harassment, Information Security and privacy requirements. Acts as the control point for the office to ensure that all CIP, BSA, OFAC requirements, procedures and time frames are met.
Basic Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic understanding of project management skills
- Experience in the Financial Services industry
- Organized, self-starter
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently when necessary
- Inquisitive approach
- Willingness to apply and learn new technologies
- Proven multitasking capabilities
- Strong consulting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible, adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Extensive knowledge of relational database management systems, business warehouse systems and business intelligence tools
- Cognos 8.4x/10.x (or comparative competitor) experience required
- Database logical modeling experience preferred (Oracle, DB2, MS SQL, Teradata)
- Strong understanding of SQL and relational database technology
- Proven data analytics, report writing skills required
- Excellent statistical modeling skills
- Desk Top Computers
- Standard Office Equipment (copiers, fax machines)
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
- Requires repetitive movement.
- Requires standing and/or sitting for prolong periods of time.
- Requires lifting up to 50lb
- Requires using hands to handle, control or feel objects.
- Office setting w/controlled temperature
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher – BS or BA in CS, MIS or related field preferred
- 5 + years of work experience in business intelligence, data analysis and reporting
As a part of the Bank’s internal control systems, employees holding sensitive positions are required to be absent from their duties for a minimum of two consecutive weeks each year. This position has been deemed to meet the test for a sensitive position, and therefore you will be required to meet the minimum absence requirement each and every year.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employees will be required to perform additional related work duties as assigned by their immediate supervisor and/or management.
Farmers and Merchants Bank of Long Beach reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bank or Credit Union: 1 year
- Cognos Programming: 3 years