This position is responsible for achieving an optimal balance of quality, service, and efficiency in order to achieve operational excellence at assigned manufacturing location, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
The essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in developing and appropriately implementing operational strategic plans, policies, and practices to meet, quality, food safety, capacity, service and financial/cost/budget expectations.
- Aligning all manufacturing-related activities appropriately to meet corporate supply chain requirements.
- Acting as liaison with appropriate corporate support functions in achieving the desired culture of employee engagement, building optimum employee relations, appropriately training/developing employees and obtaining employee safety goals.
- Acting as liaison with appropriate corporate support functions in ensuring compliance in accordance with all applicable regulatory agencies, such as OHSA, FDA, USDA and EPA.
- Establishing, monitoring and leading efforts to meet key performance metrics.
- Regular and punctual attendance and physical presence in the workplace.
- Timely and accurate completion of duties.
The following are required competencies of the position that must be met by the employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of the job:
- Computer Skills: Ability to operate all information technology related business systems, programs, and applications in a manner that achieves efficiency, accuracy, and relevancy of information processing and reporting as it applies to this position.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret business and financial documents. Ability to process routine reports and correspondences. Ability to communicate effectively with employees and applicants of the organization. Ability to effectively present information to other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to correctly add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to correctly compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to develop, formulate strategy and exercise good judgment.
- Other Skills & Abilities: Requires the ability to operate a variety of standard business machines. Must have the ability to drive a motor vehicle, and maintain a valid drivers license. Must have strong leadership/mentoring skills; strong financial and business acumen; strong creativity and innovative skills; be results oriented with day-to- day management skills; proficient Lean Six Sigma concepts; have excellent interpersonal communication skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Physical Demands – Employee is frequently (more than 75% of the time) required to use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls, sit; to verbally communicate; and to hear. The employee is occasionally (up to 33% of the time) required to walk and stand. The employee must occasionally (up to 33% of the time) lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment – Employee is occasionally exposed to the risk of electrical shock wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne participles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Protective Equipment – Protective equipment, such as hearing protection, safety footwear, hair net and food safety related garb, is required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
This position requires a Bachelor Degree in manufacturing or related field of study, knowledge
related to the job and five to ten years of job-related experience.
This position generally has operational supervisors, superintendents, and managers as direct reports. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems; administering the union contract; etc.
It is the policy of Mochi Ice Cream to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals
regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disabilities, veteran status,
marital status, sexual orientation, military status, genetic information, or any other characteristic
protected by state or federal law.
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) plan with a generous company contribution
- Health Insurance
- Paid vacation time; sick time; holidays and personal days
- Training & Development to allow you to grow
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply
Successful completion of pre-employment testing which could include a drug test, physical, background check, education check and credit check required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Vernon, CA
- Plant Management: 5 years