Primary Duties Include:
- Maintain integrity of inventory balances.
- Perform monthly G/L close of inventory accounts, and inventory accounts reconciliation.
- Complete work orders process for month-end, and prepare year-end audit schedules.
- Resolve any inventory-related issues.
- Coordinate and execute the yearly inventory standard cost process.
- Developing, analyzing, and reporting period operating expenses for the U.S. Market.
Key Functions ( but _not limited too): _
Budgeting, Forecasting, Variance Analysis, Inventory Analysis, Journal Entries, Month End Close
- Prepare and issue budget/forecast worksheets.
- Work closely with departmental managers; development of departmental budgets/forecasts.
- Analyze submitted budgets/forecasts and generate appropriate analytical schedules for management review.
- Prepare and issue monthly operating departmental expense analysis comparing actuals to budget/forecast and prior year.
- Ensure proper accounting for all departmental operating expenses, PORs etc.
- Identify savings/overages related to timing and/or cuts etc.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliation for assigned accounts.
- Monitor accrued liabilities as it relates to operating expenses and identify cushions and drains on a monthly basis.
- Develop ad hoc financial analysis for special projects.
- Manage the Fixed Assets Depreciation and Roll Forwards; cross train with General Accountant.
- Inventory Analysis; Set up Standard Costs and resolve issues with price variances and direct cost variances (PPVs and DCVs).
- Cross Train with Sr. Financial Analyst to be the backup for Daily Sales and Product Line Database.
- Cross Train with Financial Analyst to be the backup for SDEs/DMEs accruals and accounting for these.
- Additional duties as assigned
Required Education and Qualifications
- B.A./B.S. in Finance, Accounting.
- Must have 3+ years of financial accounting experience.
- Experience with CPG is strongly preferred.
- JDE Experience a plus.
- Must have thorough knowledge of financial and accounting methods and practices.
- Knowledge of all accounting functions, including Cost Accounting and Financial Planning.
- Critical Thinking, Problem Solving and Transparent Communication.
Job Type: Full-time
- Thousand Oaks, CA
- Budget Analyst: 3 years
- CPG: 3 years
- Expense Analysis: 3 years
- Cost Accounting: 3 years
- Jd Edwards: 3 years