The candidate will be working on both small and large scale projects and should have diverse civil engineering experience in the New York Metropolitan area. The candidate will be working on designing large-scale aviation and transportation projects, education facilities, private development projects, and other exciting land development projects. The candidate should have strong technical skills as they will be responsible for assisting with the preparation of construction plans, specifications, technical reports, and proposals. Design Build experience or working on highly complex projects is highly desirable as well.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling, and monitoring of work activities.
- Thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations, and sketches.
- Maintain accurate records and files.
- Represents the company positively and professionally.
- BS in Civil Engineering required, MS preferred
- PE preferred
- Minimum 3 years of Civil consulting and field inspection experience
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation V8i and Microsoft Office is required
- Ability to create custom maps using GIS and CADD
- Understanding of basic practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations, and preparing and presenting those recommendations
- Effective oral and written communication skills
If you are a highly motivated self-starter, YU & Associates can offer you the challenge, responsibility, and compensation you deserve. They offer employees competitive salaries, bonuses, medical, dental, and life insurance, short/long-term disability insurance, and a 401K retirement plan.
YU & Associates is an equal opportunity employer and provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Job Type: Full-time
- Elmwood Park, NJ
- GIS: 3 years
- AutoCAD Civil 3D: 3 years
- Civil Engineering: 3 years
- Field Inspection: 3 years
- CADD: 3 years
- Microstation V8i: 3 years
Required license or certification: