Universal Air Filter Company (“UAF” ) designs and manufactures custom air filters and EMI shielding products used to protect commercial equipment and electronics enclosures.
Established in 1959 and headquartered in Sauget, Illinois with international locations in The Netherlands, China, and Taiwan. The corporate parent of UAF is Filtration Group, a globally-recognized provider of filtration products for the HVAC, gas phase, turbine, clean room, and media markets. UAF directly serves many industries including telecommunications, medical, computer networking, power generation, and industrial machinery.
Summary of Role:
Universal Air Filter (“UAF”) is seeking a field service coordinator who will have full accountability for the company’s end user site survey program. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with industrial / electronics sales experience, have a high degree of mechanical aptitude, and embrace a solution-oriented approach to solving problems and delivering growth.
- Continued development of the site survey program leading to sales revenue growth above budgeted numbers.
- Activities include prospecting, scheduling, execution, and site survey follow-up to drive aftermarket growth.
- Ability to work with outside sales manager to coordinate and conduct all customer requested site surveys and other customer support on-site activities as necessary
- Required to work closely with in-house marketing personnel to leverage outbound messaging, online advertising and e-commerce offerings in order to drive higher visitor engagement and conversion through uaf.com.
- Maintain and improve a full Cross Reference document of all equipment and air filter solutions.
- Participate in industry trade shows.
- Highly motivated individual with experience in identifying new opportunities, prospecting and generating sales growth with end user accounts.
- Demonstrated ability to harvest new customers while retaining and increasing share with existing accounts.
- Documented success in penetrating large corporate procurement accounts.
- Experience with reporting and documentation of sales success using tools such as salesforce.com andERP systems.
- Bachelor’s preferred
- Road warrior- the candidate hired for this role will be out visiting clients daily
- Ability to travel daily by car and plane
- Visiting current customers and clients to do surveys
- 1-3 years background/ experience in technical engineering or technical background
- 1-3 years experience using a solution selling approach
Areas of focus and growth will be the following:
AftermarketTarget accounts include:
- Telco End Users: Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Ericsson Services, CenturyLinko
- Telco Tier Two/Three End Users and Distributors
- Cable End Users: Comcast, Time-Warner, Charter, etc.
- Utilities/transportation/Metro Authoritie
Compensation / Benefits:
- Salary + Sales Incentive
- Sales Incentive based on developing new replacement wins and sales growth
- Health benefits package
Location: Los Angeles and/or surrounding area
- Position requires extensive travel throughout territory
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 /year
- Los Angeles, CA
- inside or outside sales: 1 year
- technical engineering: 2 years
- account: 2 years
Required license or certification:
- Driver’s License