We are partnering with In-Positions Technologies to hire an Automation Applications Engineer in Chandler, AZ. In-Position Technologies is a well-established Motion Control Company and market leader in the Arizona, Colorado, and New Mexico. In-Position Technologies applies and integrates robotics, servo systems, stepper systems, micropositioning systems, and vision systems to solve complex machine automation problems.
This position will be located at the headquarters of In-Position Technologies in Chandler, AZ. The training will be completed on-site and throughout the US as needed. Candidate must be a self-starter, capable of working independently, and able to apply fundamental engineering principals to find solutions to complex machine automation problems. Candidate also must be able to multi-task and oversee a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Sizing and selecting servo motor systems, mechanical actuators, gantry robot systems and more
- Write programs for robotic controls systems and demonstrate their functionary to customers and prospective customers
- Be part of a larger design team that integrates components into automations systems and sub-systems
- Expected to perform the job duties outlined in the addendum with minimum oversight
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, or Computer Systems Engineering with emphasis in control systems.
- 0-3 years of hands-on experience in automation or control systems
- Should be familiar with Servo Systems
- Should have understanding of Vision Systems
- Eligible candidate must be a US citizen or legal US Resident
In-Position Technologies is an ISO-9001 Company
APPLICATIONS ENGINEER JOB DUTIES
Applications Engineering – Customer Support
- Put together system for Sales Engineers, i.e. specify motion control systems.
- System Sizing & Motor Sizing
- Take Sales Engineers customer calls when SE not available
- Support Customer Service
- Call sales leads Sales engineers
Applications Engineering -Technical Support & Trouble Shooting
- Take customer calls experiencing equipment problems
- When required, make trips to customer site.
- This could involve traveling but normally will not require an overnight stay.
- The Applications Engineer will be expected to excel in both verbal and written communications.
- The Applications Engineer will be expected to look for new business opportunities.
Project Engineering – Custom Engineered Systems
- Assist in the engineering and manufacturing of custom engineered systems
- Work with IP Tech Engineers to integrate systems
- Work with suppliers to specify component level devices
- Perform work required by Value Added Group
- Algorithm or flow chart generation
- Controller level programming and debug
- Create cable drawings
- Assist in generation electrical schematics
- Electrical Cabinet wiring and debug
- Mechanical fabrication assembly
- Use creativity and intuition to arrive at solutions to engineering problems
Job Type: Full-time
- Chandler, AZ
- Customer Relations: 1 year
- Programming: 1 year
- Design: 1 year
- Automation: 1 year