SUMMARY OF COMPANY: Established in 1918, Hohman Plating has over 95 years of experience with extensive metal finishing capabilities. Founded and located in Dayton, Ohio at a 90,000 sq. ft. facility, we match the right coating to the evolving demands of a multitude of industries. Our commitment to quality, with our team of engineers and inspectors who support it, is second to none in the metal finishing industry. If you are seeking a long term, stable work environment and have a strong ability to lead and make an impact, we would like to learn more about your skills and experience. Visit HohmanPlating.com for more information.
SUMMARY OF JOB: Reviews and interprets industry / customer specifications and customer quality / processing requirements. Effectively integrates these requirements into our quality system to be a value-added supplier to our customers. Plans and directs activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards and systems for industrial processes, materials, and products. Performs failure investigations, determines and reviews root causes of failures, determines and implements corrective actions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Identify Root Cause and Resolution for nonconforming product and/or processes.
- Develop and initiate standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation of product/processes.
- APQP, Process Control, PFMEA design for new work and processes
- Review Industry and Customer technical specifications for compliance. Perform analysis of gaps in meeting compliance and implement required systemic changes to achieve compliance as directed.
- Serve as point of contact to Management for Quality related problem definition, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement.
- Devise sampling procedures when not defined in specifications. Design and develop forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Establish/maintain program to evaluate precision and accuracy of testing, measurement, and analytical equipment. Ensure requirements to calibration standards.
- Direct and provide support to workers involved with Calibration, Lot Acceptance, Periodic testing.
- Compile and write training material and conduct training sessions on Quality Control activities.
- Coordinate and develop process for Periodic testing, evaluation, and reporting per Industry and Customer technical specification requirements and in accordance with Nadcap.
- Develop and maintain QMS documentation to ensure consistent compliance with Quality certifications and requirements. (ISO 9001:2000, AS 9100B, Nadcap, ISO 10012)
- Analyze and trend nonconforming product data. Report this data to Management for continuous process improvement.
- Coordinate and develop SPC analysis/training on products and processes.
- Generate Quality Assurance related reports as necessary/directed.
- DQR, DSQR for supplier shipments.
Education, Training and/or Experience
- B.S./B.A. Degree in Quality, Engineering or Related Technical Field or equivalent relevant experience
- 1-3 Years of Quality Experience (or combination of education and experience in Aerospace Industry)
- CQE preferred
- Proficient in blueprint reading/interpretation, dimensional tolerances, NDT, and other product qualification/acceptance testing methods
- Broad knowledge of theory and principles of statistics and statistical process control
- Diverse knowledge of inspection and control methods, techniques and documentation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel & Access
- High level of verbal and written communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
- blueprint reading/interpretation: 3 years
- imensional tolerances: 3 years
- APQP, Process Control, PFMEA design for new work and process: 3 years
- Quality Engineering: 3 years